It might sound sad for those with a fat buildup on some of their favorite body parts. But the truth is, you can’t tone down and reduce some of your love handles in those specific areas alone.
You might be familiar with equipment and devices that claim they can get rid of the fats in different body parts you want to slim down. However, studies have shown that these claims are nothing but false promises.
It’s not possible to burn some fats on specific body parts by constantly performing exercises that target only a specific area. Nevertheless, it doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to get your arms toned, including other body parts, with the following exercises in the discussion below.
If you want to have perfectly toned and strong arms, combining a balanced diet, strength and resistance training, and cardio workouts may help you eliminate unwanted body fat. These exercises will help you increase your blood flow, regulate your heart, strengthen your arms, and lower your fat levels.
- Concentration Curls
Concentration curls are one of the most effective arm exercises that not only tones but also increases the muscle mass around your biceps. To do this exercise, all you need is a bench to sit on and a dumbbell with the right weight that offers a balanced resistance.
Here are the following steps to perform concentration curls effectively:
- Take a bench and sit on it, making sure that your legs and thighs are perpendicular to each other.
- With your right arm, grab a dumbbell and place your elbow on your right thigh.
- Set your palms in a supine position (facing up).
- Slowly curl the dumbbell up to your shoulder.
- Pause for a couple of seconds and gradually lower the dumbbell back to the supine position.
- Do the same process on your left arm until you’re done.
You may do this in six repetitions (reps) and three sets. Once you’re done, take a rest for a couple of minutes, and you may proceed with the other exercises below.
Since you’re holding a dumbbell, you might consider strengthening your upper back with dumbbell lat exercises, such as renegade rows and incline rows. Don’t waste any opportunity to strengthen your body.
- Sliding Arms
Sliding arms are an excellent way to activate your arm muscles, especially your triceps. Not only that, but they also help strengthen your core muscles or your abs. In this way, you’ll be able to improve your balance, body coordination, and alignment.
Here are the steps to perform sliding arms effectively:
- Tighten your abs by strengthening your back and pulling your torso upwards. Make sure your back isn’t arched to prevent back and spine problems.
- Gently and gradually slide your arms forward until your chest gets close to the floor.
- Get your arms back to your knees and make sure that your elbows won’t bend.
You may perform this in eight reps and three sets. If you want to do it easier, you can alternately slide one arm before the other.
- Ball Slams
Ball slams are one of the plyometric movements that have tons of benefits without extreme effort. These exercises will use your full body to get your arms toned with a gentle blast of cardio. All you need is a medicine ball or any ball at home that’s heavy enough to slam on the ground.
Here are the steps to perform ball slams effectively:
- Take a standing position and set your feet apart.
- Grab the ball with your two hands and hold it at chest level.
- Slightly bend down your knees to gather energy and slam the ball to the ground as powerful and intense as possible.
- Make sure to catch it as it bounces back while keeping your back straight, and be sure to use your knees to pull you up.
- Repeat the entire process.
Just a tip, make sure the ball isn’t so heavy that it prevents you from keeping your spine straight. Also, stop when it becomes difficult for you to slam the ball. You may perform this as much as you can in 30 seconds for a maximum of five sets.
- Dumbbell Bench Press
When performing a bench press, it doesn’t matter if it’s heavy or not. What matters the most is your position while doing it. In this way, you’ll be able to receive all the benefits without injuring yourself.
A dumbbell bench press puts your muscles to a challenge and reduces the imbalances between your arms. While it’s famously known for building and strengthening chest muscles, it also tones and builds deltoid, lats, and triceps.
To perform this exercise, all you need is a bench and two dumbbells. Here are the following steps to do it effectively:
- Lay your back on the bench with your feet resting comfortably on the ground. If the bench is a bit too high, you may use plates to keep them stable.
- Make sure your spine is neutral as you engage your core and slightly curve your lower back.
- Hold the dumbbells with your arms facing outward.
- Pull down your arms and shoulder away from your face and gently push the dumbbells upward.
- Gently lower the dumbbells toward your chest.
- Repeat the process.
You may do this in eight reps for three sets, but make sure to pause for a break after every set.
These are some of the best exercises you can perform to enhance the look and tone down your arms. They may not reduce the fat within, but they can help you lose the extra pounds throughout your body. They can also help you show the muscles you’ve been working hard for the past few days.
Also, don’t forget to perform stretches to warm up your muscles and get them ready for the workout. This will help you prevent further injuries due to shock. It’s also important that you always perform every exercise that you’ll do in the right position and stance so that you can avoid causing injury to your body.