So you want to know how to get ripped?
You don’t need to be a genius to understand the fundamentals behind building muscle, but you do need to know the basics so that you see results quickly and don’t hurt yourself in the process.
All the articles on this site will be backed by science, tried and true methods and a no-bullshit approach to give you the knowledge you need to achieve your goals.
If you’re capable of sending a legible text message between sets, you probably are not working hard enough.Dave Tate
The Latest Bodybuilding Articles
- Sauna Muscle Recovery: Does It Actually Work?Ever felt like your muscles were on fire after a hard workout? It’s not just you. We’ve all been there. I recall the first time I entered a sauna, exhausted and hurting from an arduous workout. The warmth enveloped me, soothing my worn-out body. You see, saunas aren’t just for relaxation; they’re a secret weapon… Read more: Sauna Muscle Recovery: Does It Actually Work?
- Self-Defense Tips That Can Save Your LifeIn life, we face the situations that may require us to defend ourselves. Whether it’s walking alone at night, being confronted by a stranger, or even dealing with workplace harassment, knowing how to protect yourself is crucial for personal safety and well-being. There are many tools that have been involved to aid in self-defense, such… Read more: Self-Defense Tips That Can Save Your Life
- The Benefits of Registering with a Gym Management Software SystemIn recent years, the gym management system has undergone significant advancements, solidifying its status as a crucial tool within the fitness industry. Fitness professionals and proprietors of fitness facilities have distinct requirements, which are effectively addressed by gym management software, a specialized software solution tailored to their specific needs. This program facilitates enhanced administration of… Read more: The Benefits of Registering with a Gym Management Software System
How to make sure you’re truly building muscle.
- Progress with every workout – If you lift progressively heavier loads from week to week, you should see an increase in size and strength. The last rep of a set should be one shy of complete muscle failure. If you can do more than 8 reps (15 for legs) you need to add more weight. The next time you do the same exercise you should be able to do one more rep or add weight.
- Eat enough of the proper food – You have to include the proper amount of calories and macronutrients to allow your body to build muscle. Your body already has nutrient needs to make sure you stay alive so you have to create a calorie surplus to give it enough energy to spend on muscle growth.
- Drink water – lots of water – Your muscles are made primarily of water. When you drink at least a gallon a day your muscles will repair quicker, look fuller and the water will allow your body to convert fat into energy.
- Know & love the best muscle-building exercises – Bench Presses, Standing Barbell Presses, Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Chin-ups.
- Rest and training – A muscle must have time to grow before the next workout. So don’t train a muscle group more than once a week. A good example of this is, Day 1 chest/triceps-Day 2 back/biceps-Day 3 shoulders/traps/abs-Day 4 legs.
There are no shortcuts. The fact that a shortcut is important to you means that you are weak.Mark Rippetoe