So you want to know how to get ripped?
You don’t need to be a genius to understand the fundamentals behind building muscle, but you do need to know the basics so that you see results quickly and don’t hurt yourself in the process.
All the articles on this site will be backed by science, tried and true methods and a no-bullshit approach to give you the knowledge you need to achieve your goals.
If you’re capable of sending a legible text message between sets, you probably are not working hard enough.Dave Tate
The Latest Bodybuilding Articles
- 5 Reasons to Consider Hiring a Personal Trainer5 Reasons to Consider Hiring a Personal Trainer Nowadays, there is plenty of information to be found about fitness online. However, being overwhelmed with so many resources, sometimes it’s hard to figure out what’s best for your own needs. This is where personal trainers jump in. Whether you’re just starting to work out and get […]
- The Top 4 Bodyweight Exercises For Your ChestThere are plenty of bodyweight exercises for your chest that you should try. Suppose you are tired of finding bodyweight exercises that require equipment. Here are some chest exercises to include in your next bodyweight workout that requires only your bodyweight. We also have a more detailed article on the best bodyweight exercises for the […]
- How To Work Out All Of Your Muscles For Better ResultsOne of the most common mistakes made by new fitness enthusiasts is not knowing how to work out all of your muscles and start training their muscle groups randomly without any plan or grouping system. If you try to consistently train two or more major muscle groups in the same workout, you will constantly not […]
How to make sure you’re truly building muscle.
- Progress with every workout – If you lift progressively heavier loads from week to week, you should see an increase in size and strength. The last rep of a set should be one shy of complete muscle failure. If you can do more than 8 reps (15 for legs) you need to add more weight. The next time you do the same exercise you should be able to do one more rep or add weight.
- Eat enough of the proper food – You have to include the proper amount of calories and macronutrients to allow your body to build muscle. Your body already has nutrient needs to make sure you stay alive so you have to create a calorie surplus to give it enough energy to spend on muscle growth.
- Drink water – lots of water – Your muscles are made primarily of water. When you drink at least a gallon a day your muscles will repair quicker, look fuller and the water will allow your body to convert fat into energy.
- Know & love the best muscle-building exercises – Bench Presses, Standing Barbell Presses, Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Chin-ups.
- Rest and training – A muscle must have time to grow before the next workout. So don’t train a muscle group more than once a week. A good example of this is, Day 1 chest/triceps-Day 2 back/biceps-Day 3 shoulders/traps/abs-Day 4 legs.
There are no shortcuts. The fact that a shortcut is important to you means that you are weak.Mark Rippetoe