So you want to know how to get ripped?
You don’t need to be a genius to understand the fundamentals behind building muscle, but you do need to know the basics so that you see results quickly and don’t hurt yourself in the process.
All the articles on this site will be backed by science, tried and true methods and a no-bullshit approach to give you the knowledge you need to achieve your goals.
If you’re capable of sending a legible text message between sets, you probably are not working hard enough.Dave Tate
The Latest Bodybuilding Articles
- Towels for the fitness center and the beauty parlor, with the quality and durability of Textiles Depot guaranteedTowels for the salon and the fitness center are essential to any establishment specializing in beauty or fitness. Regarding towels, we at Textiles Depot are well aware of how important it is to get fabrics that are both of good quality and will last for a long time.
- Weight Training on A Vegan Diet: Things to KnowIf you’re on a vegan diet & you’re about to start weight training, there are a few very important things that you need to be aware of.
- Expert Advice: 3 Ways To Manage Pain Caused By A Frozen ShoulderPain caused by a frozen shoulder can be incredibly debilitating, impeding an individual’s ability to move their arm or shoulder normally. The condition, also known as adhesive capsulitis, is caused by a tightening or thickening of the joint capsule, which leads to a decrease in the range of motion.
How to make sure you’re truly building muscle.
- Progress with every workout – If you lift progressively heavier loads from week to week, you should see an increase in size and strength. The last rep of a set should be one shy of complete muscle failure. If you can do more than 8 reps (15 for legs) you need to add more weight. The next time you do the same exercise you should be able to do one more rep or add weight.
- Eat enough of the proper food – You have to include the proper amount of calories and macronutrients to allow your body to build muscle. Your body already has nutrient needs to make sure you stay alive so you have to create a calorie surplus to give it enough energy to spend on muscle growth.
- Drink water – lots of water – Your muscles are made primarily of water. When you drink at least a gallon a day your muscles will repair quicker, look fuller and the water will allow your body to convert fat into energy.
- Know & love the best muscle-building exercises – Bench Presses, Standing Barbell Presses, Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Chin-ups.
- Rest and training – A muscle must have time to grow before the next workout. So don’t train a muscle group more than once a week. A good example of this is, Day 1 chest/triceps-Day 2 back/biceps-Day 3 shoulders/traps/abs-Day 4 legs.
There are no shortcuts. The fact that a shortcut is important to you means that you are weak.Mark Rippetoe