So you want to know how to get ripped?
You don’t need to be a genius to understand the fundamentals behind building muscle, but you do need to know the basics so that you see results quickly and don’t hurt yourself in the process.
All the articles on this site will be backed by science, tried and true methods and a no-bullshit approach to give you the knowledge you need to achieve your goals.
If you’re capable of sending a legible text message between sets, you probably are not working hard enough.Dave Tate
The Latest Bodybuilding Articles
- 4 Ways To Speed Up Recovery After A Sports InjuryIt’s said that sports injuries not only plague many professional practicing athletes but also people who have recreational activities or work movements similar to sports. So, what causes sports injuries?
- Top Things to Consider When Choosing Which Gym to Go ToIf you want to stay fit and lead a healthy lifestyle, we recommend you sign up for a gym. Nowadays, every gym claims to be the best in the industry. However, you need to consider a lot of factors before choosing one
- 5 Natural Remedies for Joint, Muscle, and Body AchesIt can be difficult to self-diagnose the cause of pain found in your muscles, joints, and body when it doesn’t come from an obvious source, such as an injury, pinched nerve, or a stressed joint due to the repetitive nature of your working tasks. That’s why it is crucial to timely see a doctor, determine […]
How to make sure you’re truly building muscle.
- Progress with every workout – If you lift progressively heavier loads from week to week, you should see an increase in size and strength. The last rep of a set should be one shy of complete muscle failure. If you can do more than 8 reps (15 for legs) you need to add more weight. The next time you do the same exercise you should be able to do one more rep or add weight.
- Eat enough of the proper food – You have to include the proper amount of calories and macronutrients to allow your body to build muscle. Your body already has nutrient needs to make sure you stay alive so you have to create a calorie surplus to give it enough energy to spend on muscle growth.
- Drink water – lots of water – Your muscles are made primarily of water. When you drink at least a gallon a day your muscles will repair quicker, look fuller and the water will allow your body to convert fat into energy.
- Know & love the best muscle-building exercises – Bench Presses, Standing Barbell Presses, Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Chin-ups.
- Rest and training – A muscle must have time to grow before the next workout. So don’t train a muscle group more than once a week. A good example of this is, Day 1 chest/triceps-Day 2 back/biceps-Day 3 shoulders/traps/abs-Day 4 legs.
There are no shortcuts. The fact that a shortcut is important to you means that you are weak.Mark Rippetoe