As the old adage says – abs are built in the kitchen. However, as it turns out, abs aren’t the only things that we can develop through the food we eat.
With the right nutritional plans and the right selection of meals, we can actually capitalize on eating to bulk up and develop the muscle gains we need for our objectives.
Be it for that modeling shoot, weightlifting competition, or simply for personal goals, the right kind of food planning can make even snacking something we can maximize for our muscle gains.
However, with the many kinds of food available to us, just what kind of snacks could help facilitate better muscle gains?
Interestingly, high-protein foods aren’t the only kind of food that can help us gain more muscle! In fact, just the right amount of fats and carbohydrates can give our muscles that added boost they need to help them grow into the kind of guns we want to see.
And as it turns out, even certain kinds of snacks can help increase our muscle gains even further! Here are some ideal muscle-building snacks that are easily accessible for our needs:
- Maximize your protein powder with your snacks. Granted, most kinds of protein powder can be mixed with water for quick consumption. However, if you’re going for a busy day working with heavy things – such as if you’re a part of packing and moving services – you might want to diversify your snacks with a bit of protein powder-based recipes. For instance, whey protein powder alongside a banana, orange juice, some greens, and some ice can make for a great protein shake. Alternatively, you can mix whey protein with baking powder, milk, flour, and eggs to transform it into a pancake. The added protein into the mix can definitely keep you full for a long time and give you that much-needed energy boost.
- Get your yogurt game on with various toppings. It’s a known fact that yogurt can give that much-needed boost in gains – especially with the right kind of yogurt, such as a non-fat plain Greek yogurt. However, instead of eating it plain, you can actually add some items to the mix to make it more scrumptious. Some fresh berries and dark chocolates with your yogurt can make it extremely energizing.
- Mix up your rice plans with various snacks. Instead of white rice, it’s recommended that you maximize the advantages of alternatives such as quinoa or even brown rice. However, instead of just eating brown rice plain and simple, you can actually diversify your rice snack options by tinkering with how you cook it. For instance, you can transform your brown rice into rice cakes with a bit of peanut butter for a sweet yet filling protein snack.
- Vegetables can replace unhealthy snacks. There’s a ton of veggies out there that we use with our dishes, but a lot of them can be used for snacking as well. Water-rich veggies such as lettuce and celery can make for great snacks – and with other vegetables such as carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes, they can make a mean salad that can lessen calorie intake and maintain protein and fiber content for those who want to build muscles.
- Go nuts with peanuts. That pun aside, various kinds of nuts can actually help gain muscle weight when used properly. For instance, an ounce of almonds and cashews alone have a lot of quality calories. Other nuts such as chestnuts and walnuts have high antioxidants to supply more energy for working out. Their nutrient content has the right mix of fibers, proteins, and carbohydrates to make them a filling snack perfect before working out. Additionally, nuts are easy to mix with other foods – making them a great supplementing dish to meals.
- Everything is a smoothie. It’s a known running gag in the fitness community that almost anything can be transformed into a smoothie – especially if you want something quick and easy to eat and digest. The thing is, this is true, especially for those who want good gains. You can maximize the presence of smoothies by adding the components you need into your ideal shakes. For instance, whole milk with nuts and bananas can already make a high-calorie muscle snack. However, you can also create a protein smoothie with the addition of certain fruits and veggies. If you’re about to meet your moving companies New York City or prepping for a busy day at work, a quick smoothie is a great companion to help facilitate your gains.
Get More Muscle With Effective Snacking
With the above suggestions in mind, it’s important to remember that sometimes the best snacks for our muscle growth are right there in the local grocery or the local market.
In fact, some of the best snacks for big gains are those that we often dismissed as irrelevant for our dieting needs.
Thankfully, the above examples could help diversify your dieting approach and help facilitate better muscle growth in the time and pace you need. Moreover, the above snacks are easy to make and implement in your routine, hopefully encouraging you to fast-track your way to better gains.